Yes! It is that time of year again when we reflect on the past year and decide what we can do to better ourselves for the new year ahead. We have a few EASY beauty resolutions that will bring you much joy….and better hair, skin and nails!
1. Wash your face EVERY single night before you go to bed – Did you know when you are in REM sleep your pores open to their largest capacity. That means whatever you have on your skin will go very deep into your pores. SO lets make sure it’s something good.
2. Invest in a better skin care line – You will truly see a difference in over the counter drug store products and a professional line. Yes it can be a little pricey. But start with a good cleanser and moisturizer. Then add in the other important items like exfoliator, mask and toner. At the very least DO NOT buy a moisturizer without SPF!
3. Put down bad habits like smoking and excessive drinking – Both smoking and drinking in excessive amounts dehydrate your skin. Thus the reason heavy smokers and drinkers have more wrinkles. Let’s face it who wants to accelerate the aging process.
4. Use Cuticle oil every night – By simply applying cuticle oil (I suggest CND solar oil) to your cuticles every night before you go to bed can change everything about your nails. The oil will soak deep into the pores of your cuticles which will hydrate not only the cracked skin around your nails But will hydrate your nail beds themselves. This will promote stronger, healthier nails and will keep your polish from chipping sooner.
5. Keep up with regular hair trims AND Deep Conditioning Treatments – Yes we must pay for all our hair “sins”. Using the blow dryer, flat iron and curling iron on a regular basis causes stress on the hair. So do yourself and your hair a favor and keep up with your trims and deep conditioning treatments. This will insure healthy looking hair…always.
6. Get your beauty sleep – Yep we really need at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep to keep our minds functioning as it should. In a perfect world we should really have 8-10 hours of sleep. Make time for yourself and do not over extend your schedule. You will feel so much better if you get the rest you need.
Happy Holiday’s!! Here’s to a New Year filled with beauty….from the inside and out.