Everyone has to figure out what style suits them best, but more and more women are realizing how fun and feminine short hair can be! Whether it is a pixie cut or bob you can feel sassier and give your hair more personality by changing it up and trying a short cut.
Especially if you find you don’t have time to deal with long locks a short hairstyle can cut styling time down significantly. Also by adding a cute hair-clip or headband you can easily dress your hair up.
Depending on what type of short hairstyle you choose to try you can have a sleek polished look or a textured beachy feel. By playing around with products like paste and sea salt sprays you can create super fun different looks to suit your mood. And just think how much easier that shorter style would be for the summertime.
Did you know that massage therapy is not just for pampering but also for helping you live a happy and healthy lifestyle that is more in harmony with your goals for how you wish to feel and be? Massage therapy can help you feel better and prevent dis-ease.
One of my favorite massage modalities is Thai Massage Therapy. I have taken many trainings over the years and I always enjoy offering this amazingly relaxing and therapeutic treatment…
- It has been said that Thai Bodywork or Thai Massage Therapy was first administered to the Buddha over 2,000 years ago and has roots in Ayurvedic medicine.
- The work focuses pressure on energy (sen) lines and points as well as a large variety of slow stretching movements. The stretching movements affect the entire body by increasing flexibility, releasing both deep and superficial tension and helping the body’s natural energy to flow more freely.
- The slow stretching movements are similar to Yoga and are known in the west as “passive yoga”. The application of rhythmic compression’s and stretches along the of the most important “sen” (the body’s energy lines) and yoga-like positioning of the body: deeply opens joints, facilitates the release of long held tension in the muscles, and brings a feeling of peace and relaxation.
Thai Bodywork is wonderful for yoga practitioners or athletes, and also helps alleviate problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle so common in our society. Treatments vary in length from 60-120 minutes and are fully clothed, non-oil massages. Also, as in yoga it is best experienced on an empty stomach.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits:
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year.
Remember, just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan. I will work with you to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
I thank you for doing something for you and sharing your good vibes with all of those around you.
Take care and be well,
Melt-Proof Summer Makeup Tips
1. USE A BROAD SPECTRUM SPF. Sunscreen is the single most important anti-aging product for your skin. Broad-spectrum SPF protects your gorgeous face against both UVB and UVA rays, which can lead to signs of aging and cancer.
2. SKIP THE SOAP. The use of soap-based cleansers can irritate the skin’s protective barrier and raise the pH level, leading to sensitivity, wrinkles, acne and inflammation. All Dermalogica cleansers are soap free, and pH-balanced to protect the skin’s natural moisture barrier. Pick one that works for your specific skin needs.
3. USE A PRIMER. Primers keep your makeup smudge-free, which is essential in the hot summer heat. Dermalogica Skin Perfect Primer is a makeup primer, sunscreen and treatment for skin aging all in one!
4. SWITCH TO A BB CREAM OR TINTED MOISTURIZER. Foundation can be too thick in the warmer months, and can leave behind a melted mess. Beauty Balms, aka BB creams, are sheer foundations including moisturizers, anti-aging ingredients and sunscreen in one tiny package.
5. CHANGE TO CREAM BLUSH AND EYE-SHADOW. Creams, gels, tints and stains are all great options to give you a healthy glow in the rising temperatures. Cream blush is perfect for creating a beachy, dewy radiance, while cream eye color can last though swims and sweats.
6. WEAR WATERPROOF MAKEUP. This tip is self-explanatory…waterproof mascara and eye liner last through the sweltering heat and dips in the pool.
7. GIVE YOUR LIPSTICK A BREAK. Opt for lips stains this time of season…they’re heat and humidity proof. And don’t forget to apply a balm with sunscreen over the stain to protect your pout! Maybelline Baby Lips offers a great selection of colors with protection.
8. INVEST IN BLOTTING PAPERS. Blot away oil, perspiration and shine…wiping or rubbing can make things worse.
9. ENJOY THE GORGEOUS WEATHER!!!
We would like to introduce Christina. Our newest member to the Groove Jet team! Christina is one of our wonderful Front Desk Coordinator’s. Welcome Christina!
If you were an animal what would you be? And why?
An owl because they are nocturnal, wise and mysterious
What’s your trademark?
My last name and my curls
Give us a random fact about yourself?
I have traveled to over 10 different countries
Got an idol?
If you could spend a day with anyone who would it be and why?
Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel
What’s the perks of your job?
Having a job!!
Whats the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
What is your life motto?
“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy. . . Let’s go exploring!”
What decade do you wish you could have experienced?
The Golden 20’s for the fashion and music
Thanks Christina! We are so happy to have you on the Groove Jet team!!